CARA LYNN SMITH - FREELANCE WORK
Bad Brad & The Sipsey Slims in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2012) Created a website for the band Bad Brad & The Sipsey Slims, including branding and logo design. Managing social media and online marketing, as well as digital distribution of music. Designed the CD artwork for the debut album Slim Pickins.
Caring Days, Inc. in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2010) Designed the official website for “Campaign for Caring,” a fundraising effort for the construction of a new facility. Kept in line with existing branding designs.
• (2011) Modernizing and organizing the Caring Days official website for more information and interaction, as well as setting up a user-friendly template system and providing training for the office staff to make frequent updates.
Alabama Blues Women Showcase
in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2010) Designed a website for a traveling music showcase consisting of Alabama blues women Sweet Claudette, Carroline Shines, Debbie Bond, B.J. Miller and Rachel Edwards. Gathered materials for a media and booking kit, as well as edited videos for promotional purposes.
West Alabama Youth Football Association
in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2009) Publicist for the West Alabama Youth Football Association “Clash at the Capstone” tournament. Involved in several aspects of the event from naming and branding the tournament, designing the official website, to on-site operations.
Crimson Tide Sports Marketing in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2006) Produced the Alabama men’s basketball official game program which included full color permanent pages and by-program change pages to include feature stories and opponent information.
• (2007) Produced out the Alabama Baseball Yearbook and the A-Day Football Program for Crimson Tide Sports Marketing
• (2007) Redesigned the layout for all athletic programs with the Football Program for Crimson Tide Sports Marketing
Tuscaloosa Sports Commission in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2009) Box Office manager for the Super Six High School Football Championship of Alabama
Carroline Shines in Tuscaloosa, Alabama
• (2008) Created a media kit for blues songstress Carroline Shines, the daughter of late, great Johnny Shines. Also provided consulting and business cards for booking purposes.
University of Mississippi Sports Information in Oxford, Mississippi
• (2005-06) Official statistics keeper for University of Mississippi football, men’s and women’s basketball.
University of West Florida in Pensacola, Florida
• (2004-05) Assisted in a marketing research report on student interest of University of West Florida athletics.
• (2004) Elected team leader in a communications graduate class to produce a resource kit for the Pensacola non-profit organization, Hope Center for Teens, Inc. Also served as a mentor for a teenage mother who was a resident at the Hope Center for Teens, Inc.
Pensacola News Journal in Pensacola, Florida
• (2003-04) Served as a freelance sports writer for high school baseball and various feature stories.
Kudzu Kings in Oxford, Mississippi
• (1999) Filmed, wrote, produced and edited a documentary throughout southeastern tour dates and the recording of their second CD, “Y2Kow.”
Sobriety Trained Officers Representing Mississippi (STORM)
• (1998) Developed an informative video for officer training on increasing convictions of driving under the influence infractions.